Each month we publish a newsletter titled IAQ Website of the Month. The excerpt below was originally published in the March 2014 newsletter.
“Gray areas” seem to have a home in the field of indoor air quality. Pick any contentious topic and one could argue both sides with equal fervor. Where can you turn to get a balanced view?
One resource is the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA). They have developed over 30 position statements and white papers on a wide range of topics, many applicable to indoor air quality.
Position statements and white papers are typically developed by an AIHA technical committee and approved by their board of directors. Although they may not hold as much weight as a consensus-based ANSI standard, they are to be highly regarded due to the stature and reputation of AIHA.
I thought the following documents might interest you:
- Mold and Dampness in the Built Environment (Position Statement)
- Assessment and Remediation of Corrosive Drywall (Guidance Document)
- Extremely Low Frequency Fields (White Paper)
- Chemical Fumigation in Healthcare Settings (Position Statement)
- PCBs in the Built Environment (White Paper)
To view a list of all 30+ documents, visit this month’s featured website: AIHA Position Statements and White Papers.
To subscribe to this newsletter click the following link: IAQ Website of the Month.